The proposal of marriage whilst you are away in one of the most romantic cities in the world is the epitome of the perfect surprise. So close your eyes and imagine this. Your beloved has whisked you away to Paris on a surprise romantic weekend.
Not only that, but in one of Paris’s most beautiful locations, they have completely surprised you again: they have got down on one knee in front of you and (probably quite nervously) asked you to marry them. Probably one of the most important questions we will ever ask another person, a proposal of marriage, for many, is the dream come true. Its memory will be forever with you.
Photography captures those moments in our lives when the wonderful is happening, allowing us to return to the memory of it all, the feelings and the emotions, whenever we wish to do so. So imagine that the surprise proposal described above has been captured, beautifully photographed by the best proposal photographer in Paris, allowing you and your loved one to return to that memory of one of your most intimate and romantic moments together; the moment your loved one dropped to their knee, presented you with an engagement ring or other token of undying love, and asked those words, that question we all hope to hear one day…. “Will you marry me?”
Along with the wedding day itself, one of your greatest memories will be the moment you declared your love to each other for the entire world to see – the day of the proposal. Ensuring those memories are captured professionally in the form of ever-lasting photographic keepsakes is a must for romantically-minded people all over the world. Traveling to a city such as Paris, with its beautiful locations and culture of romance, is the dream of many couples who begin their life journey together. Just imagine that moment, 30 years along that life journey spent together, when you can sit back and reminisce about that very special Parisian moment that you shared by enjoying those same wonderful images again.
“Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other’s gaze that wins out and decides.”
Jacques Derrida, French philosopher
You’re already light years ahead from many others as not only have you chosen undoubtedly one of the most romantic cities in the world for the proposal, by hiring a professional Paris engagement photographer such as myself, you have ensured those wonderful memories will have been captured forever.
I wish to share with you as my potential clients a number of other factors that may influence your decision about hiring a professional Paris proposal photographer such as myself (certainly not your decision to propose – I leave that entirely up to you and your heart!).
All proposals are ultimately unique experiences for both concerned. You may wish to adopt the traditional proposal format (drop to one knee, open the engagement ring jewellery box and utter those immortal words) or you may wish to consider something a little different. Whatever you decide, you have chosen the most perfect, most romantic city to do so – beautiful Paris.
Known as “The City of Lights,” Paris, the capital of France, is world-renowned for its culture, cuisine, fashion and art. It is the perfect venue, full of perfect locations within to create a beautiful backdrop to your surprise proposal of marriage.
Remember, your proposal will be unique however you plan it. However, if you choose not to consider the traditional way, there are a plethora of available options and ideas for you – all of which are guaranteed to provide you and partner with unique, beautiful photographic images of that special moment of your Parisian proposal for you to treasure throughout your live together.
Here are a few diverse ideas just to get you thinking:
After shooting literally hundreds of proposals in Paris, I am better placed than most to provide you with a number of essential tips to ensure this life-changing moment will be the proposal photography ultimate success.
1. Location: This requires careful consideration, and, as your engagement photographer in Paris, I am here to guide and assist you every step of the way. Do you want the world-famous Eiffel Tower (Tour Eiffel) to feature prominently in the background, or the iconic Louvre Pyramid (Pyramide du Louvre), or perhaps other famous landmarks, such as the Arc de Triomphe, Musée d’Orsay or (my personal favourite) Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral? And there are many others to choose from, some less well-know but just as authentic. Bear in mind that Paris is one of the most visited cities in the world, and such attractions can become very crowded at certain times of the day.
2. Time of day: A crowded area, full of tourists, is not the perfect place to drop to one knee and ask the love of your life that important question. Sunrise, however, is a great time, providing a soft, golden light that reflects better in the photographs (as well as being significantly less crowded). Alternatively, you may wish to opt for an evening photo session, and I can happily recommend a variety of beautiful and private places to capture your proposal story.
3. Professional Paris Engagement Photographer: Obviously! I have already mentioned a whole host of reasons for you to hire myself as your exclusive professional engagement photographer in Paris. Here’s another for you. There is nothing that your partner will appreciate more than seeing the dedication and effort you have put into your proposal of marriage in Paris. Be prepared for a simply awesome reaction!
4. Dress Well: If you have managed to keep the entire event a surprise, tell your partner that they are going to have a special breakfast, dinner, cruise or whatever, and dress for the occasion.
5. Don’t Forget the Ring: Always keep this safely with you. If you’re catching a flight to Paris, don’t put it in your checked baggage. Remember to insure the ring before leaving your country of residence.
6. Ask the Appropriate Permission: Never forget the very traditional pre-proposal question posed to your loved one’s father or head of the family, requesting permission for your partner’s hand in marriage. Believe me, your partner will appreciate this gesture.
“Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else.”
– Nicholas Sparks, American novelist
You are proposing to the one you love because you connect on every level in the title of this section: spiritually, mentally and physically. I believe certain people are destined to share their lives, their hopes and their dreams. It may take some time to happen, but happen it will. Encompassing all 3 of these elements into your surprise proposal will only enhance the experience for you both. Paris, certainly for me and many others who have travelled here and stayed, touches us in some profound way; the ambience, the culture, the art, the street-life. Without a doubt, Paris is a city for sharing – with those who grew up here, with those that become our friends, and with the one you love. It really is the perfect place for your proposal of marriage.
As part of your trip to Paris, the surprise proposal, the commitment, there is another photographic service that I am happy to offer to all clients – the boudoir photo session. This will demonstrate, in a very real way, your love on all of these levels. A boudoir is defined as “a woman’s dressing room, bedroom or private sitting room.” So what is a boudoir session exactly? It is your opportunity, at the time of your deep and everlasting commitment to each other upon the proposal acceptance, of your passion, your desire, and your intimacy with the one you wish to spend the rest of your life with.
At this point, I should point out the following: love is love, whatever form it takes. It is simple and it is undeniable. In our more enlightened times, I am more than happy to cater for any requirements you may have in terms of beautiful, artistic, photographic images of your beloved, be they a man or a woman. However, I do retain standards of decency.
You are a person of great sensuality to your partner, and you should celebrate that fact, that truth. For them, you are their ultimate desire, their true passion. Seductiveness and sensuality comes in many forms and all of this can be captured during a photographic boudoir session by hiring a professional Paris photographer. The essence of an artistic photo session such as this is simple: sensuality.
As I mentioned earlier, there is more information about the services I can offer as your personal Proposal Photographer in Paris, including: marriage proposal tips, how to prepare and the best Paris locations for your proposal photo session. In fact, many of my clients hire me to capture their weddings in their own countries after I’ve done their proposal and engagement photoshoot in Paris.
Thank you again for taking the time to read this article. If you would like contact me to check my availability for your proposal dates, please do so by emailing: email@example.com or you can call me directly: +33 (0) 782 93 55 88.I eagerly anticipate our more informal introduction to each other and look forward to creating with you both those perfect, treasured memories of your perfect Paris marriage proposal.